ECD encompasses a range of child care and education service for children from birth to eight years.
Expected out comes
- - Children are supported to learn and develop.
- Happy and engaged and their quality of life is enhanced.
- Safe and healthy.
- Families are confident and secure in the that their child is safe and happy
- Families are supported to participate in programs for children.
- Have access to information to guide their ECD choices.
- Access to support/guide their parenting.
- The capacity to participate in the labour force.
- Community needs are addressed by ECD providers and systems.
- Staff has the knowledge and skills to ensure that individual children’s education and care needs are met.
- Staff are supported and resourced to exercise professional judgements that promote positive outcomes for children.
- ECD services are supported to respond to current thinking and research about children’s developmental and learning needs.
Quality areas to be observed
- Children’s health and safety (deworming, immunization, nutrition, protection etc.)
- Education, programs and practice.
- Physical environment.
- Staff arrangement.
- Collaboration with partners.
- Leadership and Service Management.
View ECD CENTERS